Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Baby Weight - Be Gone!

Madison Claire turned 10 months old on January 31st and that 10 month mark also marked the time when I can officially say that my baby weight is gone. I had gotten down to the last 3 pounds or so but had such a hard time getting it off. Well, when we got sick last week, that was all it took and for some reason it keeps coming off even though I'm back to eating normally (not that I'm complaining about this!).

If I'm honest, I was really surprised at how long it took me to lose the weight. I gained 40 pounds while I was pregnant with Madison Claire. Perhaps I was hoping I would be like Ash and get back to within 3 pounds of my starting weight less than a week after having the baby. Other friends had told me the old quote "9 months on, 9 months off". I had lost weight before with Weight Watchers and knew what it would take to get it off but I had a constant internal battle of wanting to diet and lose the weight but not wanting to risk lowering my milk supply through dieting. So - really for her first 9 months I only relied on exercise to lose weight and didn't really diet. I started watching my calories through WW in early January and it's made a big difference.

I had gained about 7 pounds right before I got pregnant, so I technically still need to lose 3 pounds to be at my "goal weight" but my first step was getting to the number that I was when I got pregnant so I could say "Baby Weight - Be Gone!"

I'm not writing this post to brag (though I am proud of myself) but as a reminder to myself in years to come with future kids (good Lord willing) that for me, it takes time but if I stick with it and exercise, I can get my body back and feel great in a bathing suit! Maui here I come!

No comments: