I have a new appreciation for Easter after being a parent. It has always been overwhelming to me that God would send his only son to die not only for the sins of the world, but for the sins of each of us. To think that he would have done it all even if it was just for me. Wow. Now that I'm a parent, I have an even deeper appreciation as I cannot even begin to fathom seeing Madison Claire go through such suffering and pain. What an amazing God we serve...and what an incredible gift of salvation. We had a great series at church the past 2 weeks about the cross and resurrection. If you have time, you should check them out (titled The Final Hours & Easter Celebration on the website):
http://www.cumberlandonline.org/listen.asp
Mom, Meredith, Ben & the McSwains joined us for church this morning and then we had a nice lunch at Bonefish Grill. Afterwards we had our first Easter Egg hunt in the front yard...she wanted to eat the eggs more than anything else. Precious.
Look at the difference between Easter last year and Easter this year...what a big girl!











No comments:
Post a Comment