The playoffs this year were a fun ride! We got a first round bye and had home field advantage, even though our season ended at 5-5. There was some last minute drama after we realized that an ineligible player had played in the FACS game earlier in the season so we had to forfeit that win. This had potential to impact how the playoff brackets would work but fortunately, everything happened in our favor and we got that first round bye!
The second round of the playoffs we played Fayette Academy at home. We lost to Fayette 21-20 during the regular season on a fluke night - we really should have won big that night. I didn't even go to the game because it was cold, an away game, and it wasn't supposed to be much of a game. I was shocked to get texts from my friends at the game saying we were losing in the 4th quarter. Well...3 weeks later, we showed up like we should have during the season and won 42-0! It was great!
The third round of the playoffs, we played St. Georges. St. Georges won the state championship game in 2011 and we played them the first game of the season in 2012. We lost that game, 10-6. We had a great fan turnout for the playoff game and won 27-20 in Overtime! It was SO stressful! I spent the entire 4th quarter and overtime with my head in my hands just praying over and over for God to reward thier efforts. I don't think anyone could really believe it when it was over and we had won. Ryan was so happy and emotional - it was an awesome night! WE ARE STATE BOUND!!
And...this is how I found him the next day. Exhausted from the night before!
No comments:
Post a Comment