
We had a great week visiting with everyone and introducing Madison to Joanie, Vicki, all of the teachers at Sarah's school, everyone at Christie's shower, Aunt Betsy, and the Fetz family. We had some great meals at Jim N' Nicks, Chilis, On the Border, and some good home cooking by mom. On Wednesday night, Ryan and I went out just the 2 of us to Atlantic Seafood Company and then visited with my Aunt Debbie and Uncle Dave who just moved to Atlanta. Still on his organic kick, my food snob husband fell in love with the HUGE new whole foods over by their place. He even said he would move to Atlanta just for that Whole Foods! My response - okay, let's do it!
Other random memories from the week - Ryan and I continued our P90X workouts in Atlanta. He is such an encourager for me...when I don't want to do it, he pushes me to get it done. My parents took one of the night feedings every night which was a real treat for me. Our last night there they took both night feedings and I think it was the first time in 8.5 weeks where I really, truly slept the entire night without waking up once. One morning I woke up to dad frantically searching for the wipes in her nursery...so cute!
Madison had a few firsts this week that mom wanted me to make sure to remember. She had her first driving lesson with Daddy in the parking garage at Erlanger hospital in Chattanooga, first time ever in a highchair (only for pictures of course!), first trip to Chick-fil-A (why this is significant, I still don't know!) and first trip to the swimming pool at Sarah's apartment complex. The trip to the pool was great fun - she didn't like the water because it was ice cold and the poor little thing was pooped after about 30 minutes (see pictures below) but it was still a great day! She also had her first taste of vitamins and didn't like them one bit - there was no sweetener in the stuff and it smelled nasty! She started to swallow the dropper and then made the biggest frowning "yucky" face you've ever seen. When I went to finish off the dropper she literally gagged and wouldn't swallow it! No more vitamins for Miss Madison Claire!
We are now back home and Madison misses everyone so much! I know they miss her too!
No comments:
Post a Comment