Saturday, June 11, 2011

First nights home & surprise visit from Ash!!


We came home from the hospital on Thursday and had made plans for Ryan to go to Memphis that Saturday morning to look for a house. My parents had to be back in Atlanta to get ready for Meredith's wedding and I was very nervous about being home by myself with Madison Claire and a 4 day old baby - especially because my recovery with Madison Claire had been so hard. The McSwains took Madison Claire for the weekend but I was still wishing for a friend here that could stay with me for the weekend to help with the baby. When I was in the hospital, I got a call from Ash that SHE WAS COMING!!! I was so excited because I never thought that she would be able to make the trip from Dallas - she has 2 kids of her own and flights are always expensive but she worked it out and came! Special thanks to Chris for finding the flight and to the Bradshaws for helping with the kids while Ash was here.

We got home from the hospital around 1pm and Ash arrived around 3pm. It was perfect. That night, we left Baby Ryan and Madison Claire with the McSwains and Ash, Ryan, and myself hit Virago for our first night out! It was so good!


Ash loves newborns as much as I do so we were hilarious the whole weekend - just holding and snuggling and kissing the baby!


Our first night home was once again, a disaster. The baby didn't go to sleep until around 4:30am and Ryan and I took turns trying anything and everything to get him to go to sleep. This was a picture of our room the next morning - you can tell how horrible the night before had been.

Our friends the Mowery's brought us dinner on Friday...we are so going to miss them when we move to Memphis.

I got out and about again on Saturday when Ash and I went shopping in Green Hills. We went to the mall, and shopped around the Hill Center. We even introduced Baby Ryan to Whole Foods - a place he will grow to become very familiar with thanks to his daddy!


Love this picture - like he's saying..."whatever"
I can't resist holding my sweet baby this way - it makes him not like being on his back, but they are only so little for such a short period of time! (Note - he's actually asleep like this right now on Ryan as I write this on our couch).



Sweet baby
We finally got him sleeping better at night and this was the answer - the car seat! I know it's not a long term solution, but it definitely got us through the first few nights.

Ryan ended up coming home late Saturday night and Sunday night we went to Burger Up with Jenny, Eddie & Marlee.


Hard to believe we were roommates our senior year of college - 9 years ago!

Ash had to leave on Monday morning - I was so sad for her to go! Maybe one day we'll live in the same city! THANK YOU, ASH for everything. I couldn't have made it through those first few days without your help. It was so special to me for you to make the trip to serve me during that time....I love you!!!

No comments: