The buddy has had an eventful few months. He started crawling, learned how to crawl fast, learned how to pull up & cruise. It seems like all of this happened literally over night! He is such a big boy! His favorite thing to do is eat. He has always been really interested in eating. When he was little and we would have him at the table with us, he would lick his lips and fuss if we were all eating and he wasn’t able to have anything. Partly because of this interest and partly at the urging of our new doctor in Memphis, we have been more aggressive in trying things with him than we were with Madison Claire. He eats pretty much anything we eat (provided it’s not a choking hazard) and is in small pieces. I gave him some turkey sandwich bites yesterday – complete with 2 pieces of bread, turkey & cheese. He loves eggs, turkey, noodles and oranges. Oh – and sweets. He LOVES to eat some ice cream, whipped cream, donut, etc. I know, I know – you are probably thinking why are you feeding him those things, but I swear if we are eating some it is just the cutest thing. He will open his mouth wide like a little birdie and just look at you with these big blue eyes just begging to have some.
He continues to have a super sweet disposition. He is happy pretty much all of the time (unless you aren’t sharing your food with him). He LOVES his mommy and while he doesn’t really have stranger anxiety, he does get upset if I leave the room and just lights up when he sees me. It’s precious. He also loves his big sissy. He loves playing with her toys and anytime he has her attention he just smiles and squeals. We have been working on some signs with him and he is close to being able to use the “more” sign, even though his preferred mode of communication to say more is just to stare at you with an annoyed looking face and grunt.
The biggest (and best!) news is that he is finally sleeping through the night. It took him 9 months to get there, but I’m just happy he finally got there –I was beginning to think he may be the only 5 year old to still wake up 2-3 times at night J. I thought it would make more of a difference for me in terms of how I felt during the day after having 9 months without consistent sleep at night, but I honestly haven’t really noticed. That’s been a bit of a bummer.
Here are some pictures from the past few months...can you see why I'm head over heels for him?!
Here are some pictures from the past few months...can you see why I'm head over heels for him?!








No comments:
Post a Comment