Monday, November 2, 2009

Crawling, Clapping, Eating

Sorry bloggers for the late update! This has been a very busy month with me for work, so it's been hard to get motivated to update the blog. Madison celebrated her 7 month birthday on Saturday and we still can't believe that we have a 7 month old!

Madison Claire is continuing to learn new things everyday. Here are a few highlights from this past month:

*Madison Claire is officially crawling
*She can clap on demand (all you have to say is "clap clap"
*She enjoys playing peek-a-boo and will actually pull a burp cloth over her head to hide herself and then pull it down really quick to do peek-a-boo....*so* cute!
*She has really improved in her ability to stand up. She can stand unassisted for long periods of time if she is holding onto something. Her favorites are the ottoman, glider, and a toy courtesy of Nate & Anne
*She is eating like a champ and we are stuffing her. A typical day includes rice cereal & bananas for breakfast, squash and pears for lunch, and oatmeal, sweet potatoes, green beans, and pears for dinner.



We also had some great visitors this past month! We had a fun weekend visit with Sarah & Ryan - complete with homemade pumpkin muffins from Sarah. We also had a last minute visit from my mom - who we are leaning towards calling Pat Pat, Aunt Debbie & Joanie. This picture about sums up how the visit went ...Madison Claire had NO attention :)



Madison Claire has also spent a few nights with Nana & Papa Gary so Ryan and I could have a night out by ourselves...thank you Cheryl & Gary!

I had a busy month with work - I've worked anywhere from 50-70 hours/week but the worst of it is now over and my schedule should start stabilizing now. I will not have to travel again for the rest of the year, so we are very thankful for that! On my trip to UT in mid-October, I took advantage of being so close to Dallas and drove up for a one day visit with Ashley. It was such fun to spend time with Ash...I so wish that we lived closer to one another and could see each other more often! Ellie was as cute as ever...I can't believe that she is getting so big and that little baby Wes will be here soon! I was also able to see cousin Jaime so I was surrounded by preggos! They were both glowing in their pregnancy!





We go to the doctor this Thursday for Madison's weight check to see if her weight gain is acceptable. We had to stop giving her the formula supplements because she had a reaction to the formula. They have recommended that we switch to a soy based formula but we are waiting until our doctors appointment to talk with Dr. Heil about it because neither Ryan or I really want to give her soy formula because of the extra hormones found in the soy protein. Madison had also had a rough last week - she ran a temperature all weekend and we thought she was teething but she has now broken out in a rash all over so they think she might have had a viral infection. I'm glad we have an appointment scheduled for Thursday so they can check her out. I'll update this weekend with the results..thanks for all of your prayers!

No comments: