Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Day!

Madison Claire slept with us on Christmas Eve and woke up bright and early on Christmas morning.  We woke up the buddy who was pretty out of it wondering what was going on and went out to see what Santa had brought.  Madison Claire was pretty overwhelmed - she just stood there silent and then said after some time, "this is for buddy" to one of the gifts that was for Mac.  Once she came around a little bit, she loved all of her princess dolls, dress up outfits, and the doll bed.  We played with the gifts from Santa, had breakfast, and then went to the McSwains church.  It was great to be able to go to church and celebrate the birth of our Savior on Christmas Day! 

After church we came home (after finding an open gas station so I could get a fountain diet coke...I am my mothers child :)) and put the kids down for a nap.  After naptime we opened more gifts and had an amazing Christmas day meal thanks to Cheryl.  Madison Claire continued to be a bit overwhlemed with everything - so much so that she left 3 presents wrapped in princess paper under the tree.  She had no interest in opening them so Cheryl is going to hang on to them and bring them to Memphis for her birthday.  Nice! 

Madison Claire's favorite gift may have been the card that I got for her, which had Rapunzel from the movie Tangled singing to her when she opened it up. She did not want to part with that card.  I think she would have slept with it if I would have let her. Note to self - next year, no presents, just a singing card!

It was such a great day and was the last of the 7 days we spent in Nsahville with the McSwains.  Madison Claire got to spend some good time with Nana & Papa, the buddy loved the dogs, and Ryan and I got to have a few nights out just the two of us, eating at some of our old Nashville favorites, and spending time with our Nashville friends. 

Family, friends, food, and celebrating the birth of the savior of the world...what else could we ask for?!?

Goodmorning & Merry Christmas!!




The 3 presents that remained unopened :)

No comments: