I know I have a lot to update on from January, but I had to do this quick post tonight before I forgot about it. We joined a gym this month and it's been a little hard for me when dropping Madison Claire off & picking her up. The very first time we went, when we came to pick her up she was at a table by herself with her head down on the table looking so sad. It just broke my heart.
Each time we go now, I talk with her about playing with some friends and it turns out that she has found a new "lovey" at the gym. It is a stuffed pink pig and every time I pick her up, she is holding that pig. When we get in the car and I ask if she had fun, she'll say "yes". If I ask her who she played with, she'll say "the pig".
She is also super excited to see me & Annie when we come in to get her and she usually jumps up, screams "mommy", throws the pink pig on the floor and comes running across the room. While it's very sweet, I usually tell her to go pick up the pig and put it back where it belongs - in a toy bin with other stuffed animals.
Tonight, when I went to pick her up, sure enough, there she was sitting with her pink pig. She saw me, jumped up, screamed "mommy" and walked straight to that toy bin to put away the pink pig before running over to me. I was so proud! I think I would have given her one million dollars in that moment if she had asked me for it! Fortunately for us, all she wanted was to watch Beauty & the Beast for the 5 minute car ride home. Done and done.
Proud mama :)
Monday, January 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Proud mama... As you should be! Well done. :)
Post a Comment