Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Reflections

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all
we ask or imagine, according to his power that
is at work within us"
Ephesians 3:20

It's New Years Eve 2009 so I thought it appropriate to post some of my reflections of this year. I sit here on New Years eve in a fleece and my Juicy pants. Madison Claire is upstairs asleep, Ryan is sitting on the chair working on his playbook, and the Chick-fil-A bowl is on TV (Virgina Tech is beating Tennessee 24 - 14). Of course we are rooting for VT...no Vols fans in this house! We had a nice dinner at home - fillets, butternut squash casserole (also known as homemade macaroni and cheese with butternut squash baked in the oven), and asparagus. I am happy, content and above all - blessed.

This time last year, Ryan and I were in Orlando on our babymoon. I could never have imagined then what 2009 would have been like. In my wildest dreams, I could not have imagined what an angel Madison Claire would be or how much my heart would be filled with love for her, I could not have imagined how my love for Ryan could grow so much in such a short amount of time as I see his love for Madison Claire and what a great father and husband he is, I could not have imagined that my family & the McSwains would have provided so much love and support for us, I could not have imagined all that my friends have done and sacrificed in order to help us in the early days with Madison Claire, I could not have imagined that Ryan and I would complete the entire p90x program and have such fun along the way, I could not have imagined that we would have found a nanny that truly feels like part of our family, I could not have imagined that going back to work would be bearable and "work", I could not have imagined the loss we felt with the passing of Missy & Ryan Morgan, Grandma McSwain, and Papa Howard, I could not have imagined that our life would be so different and yet so much the same all at the same time.

This collage was created on Facebook as a "summary" of my statuses for the year and I thought the program did a great job of pulling the highlights. This is what it said:

Lauren.....
is looking forward to going to Birmingham tomorrow to see Meredith SHINE at StepSing! * is ready for Madison Claire to come into the world! Any tips for bringing on a baby?? * is in love with her little angel! What a blessing!! * is looking forward to a relaxing afternoon and thankful for a sleepy baby! * is first day at home alone with Madison Claire in one week - wish me luck! * is relieved that Madison Claire's 2 month shots are OVER! She did great! * is back in Nashville and bummed that vacation is over. How can it be that I go back to work one week from tomorrow?? :( * is ready to face the new week but definitely wishing she was still at the beach * is reminded of how much she loves the people of Stockamp! Conference is the best! * drank at least half a gallon of Milos sweet tea today....enough calories for a whole week! * is bummed for the Lions after a tough loss to Lipscomb tonight 13-10 * is praying BIG prayers tonight...God is good!

I am overwhelmed with thankfulness and gratitude to our families, friends, and most importantly to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ because it is through Him that all things are possible. I pray that 2010 would bring to you some of the same joy & blessing that 2009 has brought to us. Happy New Year!

No comments: