I celebrated my 30th birthday last week in Destin. I told Ryan that what I wanted more than anything for my birthday was to spend the week with my family down in Destin. My dad was diagnosed with Shingles & Pancreatitis the week before Thanksgiving (oh no!) but luckily he improved in time for the holidays and so we headed down to Florida. It was such a great week...I wish it weren't over!
We got there on Tuesday evening and my birthday was on Wednesday. I slept in on Wednesday morning and we hung out at the condo that morning. In the afternoon, Sarah, Meredith & I went to see the Twilight movie, New Moon at the movie theatre. We then headed back to the condo where my Mama Howard, Uncle Russ, Gary & Cheryl joined the rest of us for my birthday dinner. The evening ended with a good game of Catch Phrase...what a ball!
On Thursday morning, Meredith mentioned that she was considering running the Music City Half Marathon in April. I got the bright idea that it would be fun if we all ran it together (imagine a vision of all of us crossing the finish line holding hands with them above our head...oh what fun!). Surprisingly, everyone seemed to think it was a good idea. Even Ryan said he would do it if the rest of us did! So....we decided to start our training that morning and went for a 3 mile run around Kelly Plantation. About 1.5 miles into the jog, I had quickly decided that the half marathon was a BIG mistake! Ha Ha!
After our jog, the girls laid out on the balcony and the guys played the Wii. We had everyone over again for Thanksgiving and played dominos that night. Ryan won the first 2 games of dominos and he was SO pleased with himself. I wanted to beat him so bad! I came close once but Fetz took my domino slot!!!! I said "please don't put it there, please don't put it there so I can beat Ryan McSwain" but to no avail. I think there is a Ryan conspiracy going on here....
The girls went shopping on Friday and I spent all of the gift cards that were given to me for my birthday! It was so much fun! That afternoon, we went over to see the McSwain's new condo in Panama City Beach. It was great! The grandparents kept Madison Claire while Ryan and I went to dinner at our favorite place - the Red Bar. Afterwards, we drove to Rosemary Beach to get dessert at the Sugar Shack and were pleasantly surprised to see the main square all lit up for the holidays!
Saturday morning we took some family pictures. I'm waiting for Meredith to send them to me via email (Meredith - if you are reading this, please send them!!). I'll post them as soon as I get them. After the pictures, it was a relaxing day at the condo and ended with a Make your own pizza party and a game of Nurtz. Sunday came too soon and before we knew it we were headed back home. We did have Meredith with us which was fun - we picked her up on the way down and dropped her off on the way back.
Madison Claire didn't have a great week. She wasn't her normal self. We weren't sure if it was because she was in a new place, in a pack-n-play, in a closet, around too many people, or something else. It turns out that the "something else" revealed itself on Sunday...her FIRST tooth!!! I'll post a picture as soon as we can really see it when she smiles.
I can't believe that I am 30...but so far, I love the 30s!!
No comments:
Post a Comment