Wow - Monday, March 28th was the 11 year anniversary from my first date with Ryan. We went to Davis Kidd bookstore after a FCA meeting and stayed there talking until they closed. We then went to his car and talked for another 2 hours or so before heading back to Vanderbilt. It was that night, on our very first date, that Ryan knew I would be his wife. It's really unbelievable to think about.
Little did I know then how much I would be blessed, swept off my feet, and totally in love with my sweet Ryan. I couldn't have imagined then what an amazing husband he would become. I couldn't have begun to understand what an incredible father he would be. All of these things God had for me, and I didn't even know how to imagine them for myself. During this time of change for us, I am holding onto this truth - God knows our future as much today as he did on that night, March 28th, 2000. He has greater plans and dreams for us than we can have for ourselves or imagine now, and He is faithful! I take comfort in that today.
On Monday, the McSwains kept Madison Claire (thank you, Cheryl & Gary!!) so we could go out. We went to Maggianos for dinner and then started a new tradition on this anniverary date of going to the bookstore and picking out a book for our children.
I love you, Ryan...with all of my heart!!
No comments:
Post a Comment