*WARNING - this is going to be a long post with a lot of pictures! They are all just so cute, I couldn't narrow them down...I know, I know...I'm such a mom.
This past week was Ryan's spring break so we took a family trip (me, Ryan, Madison Claire, and the 4th member of our family - Nanny Annie) down to Destin for the week. We stayed at One Water Place (thanks, mom & dad!). We got there late on Friday night and stayed through the following Saturday. We had beautiful weather every day we were there! Madison Claire did great sleeping in a room by herself (in a big king bed) and I quickly realized after the first morning there that one of the best perks of having Annie with us on vacation was that when Madison Claire woke up at 6:30am, Ryan and I could keep sleeping! Unfortunately, baby boy is waking me up pretty early these days anyway so I didn't sleep much past 8am (those of you who know me well know I can usually sleep until at least 10am!) but it was still such a great treat - especially as I think this was the last vacation before the chaos and sleeplessness of nights with a newborn that will come in the next 2 months. Annie - THANK YOU for your help - it was such a blessing to us!
Most days, once Ryan and I got up, we would all hang out at the condo in the morning and then when Madison Claire went down for her nap, Annie and I would head to the pool and Ryan would stay up in the condo with MC. Once she woke up, he would bring her down and we'd all enjoy some pool time together. The lower pool at One Water Place wasn't heated and it was FREEZING!!! The upper pool was heated, so that's where we spent our time. I wasn't sure how Madison Claire would react to the water but she did okay! She LOVED going to the pool and was happiest just sitting on the top step with her legs in the water. The first day she had fun letting Ryan swim around with her in the pool but she got a little more cautious as the week went on. I think her favorite part was getting to put on her bathing suit - every morning when she would wake up, she would run to it and want to put it on. She also knew when the elevator came that one side led to the parking garage and the other side led to the pool so when we would stop at the parking garage she'd get really upset because she wanted to go to the pool. She'd point to one side of the elevator and say "car" and then would point to the other side and say "pool".
Speaking of the elevator - she of course loved to push the buttons and also thought the elevator could understand her as everytime it would open, she would run in and say "thank you". It was precious - wish I could have gotten it on video.
After our afternoons at the pool, we'd come in and shower and then head out for an early dinner and come back to put Madison Claire down and watch a movie. Multiply that by 7 nights, and that was pretty much the trip! It was so relaxing and fun! Annie kept Madison Claire 2 nights so Ryan and I could go out on our own and we also got to go to dinner with our friends the Smiths while we were there too...it was such a treat! Annie and I did our fair share of shopping (think Destin Commons twice, the Outlet mall probably 4 or 5 times, and a few other boutiques thrown in) and spent way too much money. Oh well....that's what vacation is for, right?!?
We kept thinking while we were there that this was our last trip just the 3 (or 4) of us and that the next time we come to Destin, baby boy will be here. That is so hard to believe. It was a great trip though, and one we'll definitely remember!! Enjoy the pictures...and you have to look at the 3 videos at the end...they are my favorite!
The view at One Water Place - never gets old!
The pool - we spent most of the time in the top pool because it was heated

Madison Claire's favorite activity was to run circles on the balcony outside - she seriously did this for at least 30 minutes straight one morning. See the video at the end for live shots!


More balcony running - the next day

Making a turn on the balcony run
One night Annie kept MC and Ryan and I had dinner at Bonefish Grill & then ice cream at Kilwins - yum!

Playing at the Destin Commons play area


Ryan said "oh - let's let her go in the fountain"


Cheerleader pose
She has daddy wrapped around her little finger! She isn't clothed because we had no dry clothes or towel - we had not planned on the fountain adventure
She wanted an Ice-ee and daddy said "okay"
Swimming with daddy
Sunbathing - one of her favorite spots

2 peas in a pod....Madison Claire LOVES her Annie

Wanting some of Annie's milkshake at Chick-fil-A


Finally got it away from her

Notice that she now has 2 straws in there - 1 wasn't enough

In case any of you are wondering if I was actually on this vacation (I did all of the picture taking) here is one of me & my belly at 30.5 weeks

At Mellow Mushroom for dinner
We went back to the play area at Destin Commons this day - Madison Claire had so much fun
Riding the Choo-Choo with Daddy

Back to the fountain - this time prepared with bathing suit, towel & change of clothes!

Going to the beach

She had so much time with Daddy - so sweet

This child loves the beach - could be there all day picking up sand and throwing it in the ocean



Watching a helicopter fly over us

The beach & water was as beautiful as I can ever remember seeing it - and I've been going to Destin for at least 15 years....

I mean - is this the cutest bathing suit you've ever seen? We were in LOVE!


Once again - wouldn't leave Annie's side

Our last night out
My shopping purchases - not pictured is a shirt for Ryan, 3 shirts for me, a pair of leggings & a pair of shoes...I wasn't kidding when I said I did some damage!

We stopped at the Donut Hole on our way out of town (our 3rd time there for the trip) and Ryan got enough donuts to feed an army. He gave Madison Claire this one in her car seat - TROUBLE!!! She spent most of the time using her thumb to dig in and eat all of the icing that was in the middle - take that and a lot of powder all over her and the car seat and that was pretty much the scene when she was finished! Once again - thank you Lord for Nanny Annie who had her and the car seat clean before we even got across the Mid Bay Bridge! See the video below for an action shot of the donut....

My Dancing Diva - this is hilarious!
Swimming with Daddy & trip to the beach
Balcony Running - her favorite aerobic activity of the week
No comments:
Post a Comment