A week ago Thursday, I missed 2 calls from Ryan while I was on the phone interviewing a candidate. When I called him back finally, he said "I think I broke my foot, I need you to come pick me up from the doctor". OH NO!!! While at afternoon workouts at CPA, one of the kids didn't set a piece of equipment up correctly and a 25 pound steel bar fell right onto Ryan's foot. It landed right where his toes meet his foot...ouch!!! After some x-rays, they determined that the foot wasn't broken. We got Ryan home with some pain meds, ice, a boot, and some crutches. He was basically confined to the bed or couch from Thursday night until Sunday night. It was HORRIBLE - for both of us!!! I was basically a single mom all weekend...and I must say, I don't know how single parents do it! I probably didn't serve Ryan as well as I could have - imagine some huffing & puffing as I brought him meals & drinks & drove him to school & picked him up, you get the idea - but I will tell you that I appreciate him and his help more today than ever!!!
So - it's a week or so later, and he's still not back to normal. He walks really slowly and can only get 1 pair of shoes to actually fit over his foot. Say a prayer he heals soon! The picture is from the first night - it hadn't started bruising yet and I promise it doesn't do it justice at all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment