We have all been excited about Madison Claire starting school so we woke up on September 2nd to the tune of "First Day of School, First Day of School"! We gave her a good breakfast to start the day and then headed off to Germantown Baptist Weekday Preschool! Here she is before we left the house. I love this first picture - holding on to her "bear bear'.
Here she is with her "tote bag" all ready to go. You might remember a post a while ago where I showed the adorable toddler backpack I bought for her. Wouldn't you know the preschool has a crazy rule where no backpacks are allowed!! They have to have a tote bag. It's crazy because they don't make tote bags for toddlers so her tote bag is as big as she is! You can tell she loves it though...and was so excited for school!



We dropped her off and were the first ones there! Note to self - don't be the first one to drop off on the first day of school! She was a little timid walking in the classroom because there weren't any other kids there yet, but the teachers shoo'd us away and in she went!
Annie and I came home and started counting down the hours until we got to go pick up Madison Claire! She is at school from 9am - 2:30pm. Around 1:30, Annie came into my office and said "it's 1:30, which means it's almost time for you to feed the baby at 2, and then we get to leave to go get Madison Claire". When 2:30 rolled around, we were there to pick her up and the first thing we noticed is that she was in a different outfit. They had forgotten to put a diaper on her for naptime and she had peed on herself. Poor punkie!
We had been really curious about naptime and if she would sleep at all, because she has never had to nap in a group setting before and she has a hard time falling asleep even if she is just in the room with me & Ryan so I couldn't imagine her sleeping at school. We asked the teachers and they laughed and said she didn't sleep a wink but she sat on her mat and just waved at people for all of naptime! Wish I could have been a fly on the wall for that!
We had also been really curious about if she would eat her lunch. We sent a tuna sandwich, string cheese, corn and a fruit strip. We peeked in her lunchbox when we got in the car and saw that she had eaten all of the string cheese, all of the fruit strip, most of the corn and hadn't touched the tuna sandwich. Not surprising! She saw us looking at it and decided she wanted some. I told her no because I didn't want tuna falling out into her car seat...gross! The minute I told her no, she proceeded to totally, completely LOSE IT! The lack of nap was evident. As we were pulling out of the preschool, Annie and I were repeating to ourselves "we missed her today, we missed her today". As soon as we got home, we put her straight to bed for a nap and after a good 2 hours napping, she was back to her normal, sweet self!
Over the last 3 weeks, she has continued to be excited about school. She talks about it all of the time, talks about her teachers, talks about seeing Grayson at school (they are in the same class), talks about her lunchbox, and just wants to "go to schoool". She will nap for about 30 minutes at school but she still doesn't eat the main part of her lunch! Oh well! I know she is excited to spend time with friends, learn, and be in a structured environment outside of the home so even though we miss her, we are so excited for her to go! Here she is at the end of the first day of school:


1 comment:
I am *LOVING* your updates... such cute stories, adorable pictures, precious children. I can't believe your baby MC is in school! *tear* And I also can't believe that I still have yet to meet "the buddy!" We need to fix that ASAP! I miss you. Hug the fam for me! XO
Post a Comment